16-Bit, 400 kS/s, Multifunction DAQ Device with 8 SE Simultaneous Analog Inputs
The USB-1608FS-Plus is a full-speed simultaneous-sampling USB device that provides eight single-ended 16- bit analog inputs, eight DIO, one event counter, one external digital trigger input, and one bidirectional external clock. Everything you need to begin acquiring, viewing, and storing data is included with each USB-1608FS- Plus device, including comprehensive software support. Each of the eight single-ended 16-bit analog input channel has a dedicated A/D converter for simultaneous sampling. The device offers software-selectable analog input ranges for ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2 V, and ±1 V.
The USB-1608FS-Plus acquires analog input data using software paced, hardware paced, or burst scan mode. In software paced mode, the typical throughput sample rate is 500 S/s (system-dependent). In hardware paced mode, the total sample rate is 400 kS/s divided by the number of channels being sampled, with a maximum rate of 100 kS/s for any channel. In burst scan mode, the total sample rate is 800 kS/s divided by the number of channels being sampled, with a maximum rate of 100 kS/s for any channel. Burst scan mode is limited to acquisitions up to 32,768 samples, which is the capacity of the USB-1608FS-Plus FIFO.
In hardware paced mode, the USB-1608FS-Plus can acquire data from up to eight channels simultaneously. The analog data is continuously acquired, converted to digital values, and written to the onboard FIFO buffer until the scan stops. Data is then transferred in blocks from the device to the computer.
The channel-gain queue feature lets you configure a list of channels and gains for each scan. Each channel can have a different gain setting. The gain settings are stored in a channel-gain queue list that is written to local memory on the device. The channel-gain queue list can contain up to eight unique elements. The elements can be non-consecutive, but must be listed in increasing order.
The USB-1608FS-Plus provides eight high-drive (24 mA) digital I/O connections. Each digital channel is individually-configurable for input or output. When configured for input, you can use the digital I/O terminals to detect the state of any TTL-level input. USB-1608FS-Plus devices have a user-configurable internal jumper to configure the digital bits for pull-up (default) or pull-down. And there’s more including a 32 bit counter, external clock input and external digital Trigger.
- 8 single-ended analog inputs
- 16-bit resolution
- Simultaneous sampling (1 A/D converter per input)
- Up to 400 kS/s sampling (100 kS/s max for any channel), up to 800 kS/s sampling burst mode
- 8 digital I/O
- 1 event counter
- External digital trigger input
- No external power required
- TracerDAQ® software included for acquiring and displaying data and generating signals
- Universal Library includes support for Visual Studio® and Visual Studio .NET, including examples for Visual
- C++®, Visual C#®, Visual Basic®, and Visual Basic .NET
- InstaCal software utility for installation, calibration, and test
- ULx for NI LabVIEW™
- DAQFlex open-source software framework; compatible with Windows® 7/Vista/XP SP2, 32-bit or 64-bit,
- Linux®, and Mac® platforms
- Comprehensive drivers for DASYLab®
Contact our team today to find out what USB Data Acquisition device is the right one for your application. Click here to contact us